Riak Search timeout when searching from erlang command line

Mike Huffman mike.huffman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:04:40 EDT 2011

Hi Rusty,

Thanks for the response.

I should have mentioned that I also tried the search case sensitive with the
same results:

(dev1 at 127.0.0.1)19> search:search(<<"my_index">>, <<"title:Title">>).

=ERROR REPORT==== 4-Apr-2011::13:48:48 ===

range_loop timed out!** exception throw: {timeout,range_loop}
     in function  riak_search_backend:collect_info_response/3
     in call from riak_search_op_term:info/3
     in call from riak_search_op_term:preplan/2
     in call from riak_search_op_scope:preplan/2
     in call from riak_search_client:parse_query/3
     in call from search:search/2

In answer to the questions:

It produces the same results if run on a single node (which is what this
example is from) or the 3-node devrel setup.

Mac OS X 10.6.7 (Macbook Pro, 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 8 GB Ram), Erlang
R14B02, riaksearch from git repository

ulimit -n returns 400000

Like wise if it run:
 ./bin/search-cmd shell my_index