Riak Recap for April 1 - 3

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Mon Apr 4 17:49:17 EDT 2011

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All -

Here's a short Recap for the last several days.

Enjoy.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups

Riak Recap for April 1 - 3
===================

1) kraay and aphyr had a great chat in #riak that started with "I'm
evaluating using riak as a document store. I'd like to provide the end
user with ability to use JPath  (a weak form of XPath) as a means of
traversing the JSON doc and returning those related bits. What would
be the best way of doing this?"

* Gist here ---> https://gist.github.com/902437

2)  Q --- Hi, does anybody play with basho_bench on cassandra or
hbase? (from aph via #riak)

    A --- https://github.com/basho/casbench is something that we wrote
to bench Cassndra using basho_bench. As far as HBase goes, we haven't
seen any code (yet) that connects it to basho_bench.

For those of you who aren't familiar with basho_bench, check out:

* https://github.com/basho/basho_bench
* http://wiki.basho.com/Benchmarking-with-Basho-Bench.html
* http://www.slideshare.net/BashoTechnologies/using-basho-bench-to-load-test-distributed-applications

3) Q --- Is luwak block size configurable in 0.14 (from thegreatape via #riak)

   A ---  It's in master. See
https://github.com/basho/luwak/commit/a516abbe1956e74721c3d0bb8434b1b9d1cf0d8a

4) Q --- Anyone have any recommendation as to what client library to
use for scala? (from m-m via #riak)

   A --- Unfortunately Basho isn't supporting a Scala lib at the
moment, and as far as I can tell there isn't anything available open
source that's current. If you don't want to roll your own, your best
to start with the several that were released a while ago [a][b] and
see about doing some updating. Unless there is someone out there with
some code to share...

a - https://github.com/timperrett/riakka
b - https://github.com/softprops/ryu

5) ReadWriteHack picked up the recent "Riak and Node.js" Webinar and
published a quick post on it.

* Post here --->
http://www.readwriteweb.com/hack/2011/04/video-using-riak-with-nodejs.php