Strange results from numerical range query in Riak Search

Mathias Meyer mathias at basho.com
Tue Apr 5 04:58:50 EDT 2011

Mike,

you need to make sure the followers field is marked as a numeric field in the bucket's schema in Riak Search. You can do that by either relying on the default schema and appending _num to the field name, so it'd be followers_num instead of followers in the JSON you're generating.

Or you could set your own custom schema for the bucket, telling Riak Search to treat the followers field as a numeric field. Both is detailed on our wiki: http://wiki.basho.com/Riak-Search---Schema.html

Mathias Meyer
Developer Advocate, Basho Technologies