When's the PBC API going to be brought up to snuff?

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Wed Apr 6 08:45:09 EDT 2011

On Apr 5, 2011, at 5:41 PM, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:

> I'm developing a rather performance-sensitive app against Riak, and while the PBC API has much better raw performance than the REST API, it is sufficiently crippled in numerous ways as to be of quite limited use. This is somewhat frustrating, as notionally simple operations such as a conditional PUT ("don't put this value if the key is already present") are tricky to achieve with the PBC API,

Maybe use a validating pre-commit hook?

> and slightly more complex operations ("get if modified since I last checked") are impossible.

I agree on this one. It would be great to have the equivalent of HEAD/If-None-Match in the PBC API. Actually even just providing a HEAD type request in the PBC API would be great. I can think of numerous situations where I'd like to inspect the metadata without having to mess with the content.

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin

http://jbrisbin.com
Twitter: @j_brisbin