PBC API: Generating key for an object

Ishwar ishwarsridharan at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 05:15:39 EDT 2011

Riak folks,

I see that storing an object without a key is supported in the HTTP APIs(http://wiki.basho.com/REST-API.html#Store-a-new-object-without-a-key), but not  in the PBC APIs(http://wiki.basho.com/PBC-API.html) or the python client(http://basho.github.com/riak-python-client/).

Is there a reason why this is so?

We're planning to use the ID generated by Riak as the identifier in the system, and ideally wouldn't want to use HTTP APIs for creation, and PBC APIs for read/updates.

--
Thanks,

Ishwar

Just another resurrected Neozoic Archosaur comics.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mojosaurus/sets/72157600257724083/