C++ Riak client?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 12:10:51 EDT 2011

On 4/9/11 10:47 AM, Sean Cribbs wrote:

> Because it's being confused in this conversation, I think it merits
> clarification -- the "protocol" that is used to talk to Riak and Google's
> Protocol Buffers are NOT the same thing. Riak uses a simple length- and
> message-code-prefixed binary protocol, in which the complex messages (ones that
> have bodies and not just the message code) are serialized via Google's Protocol
> Buffers. So, while we don't use the RPC facilities in Google's library, the
> *serialization format* DOES use Protocol Buffers.
>
> Sorry for the confusion, we'll work to make that clearer in the wiki.

Can you mix/match access to the same buckets/data with the PB and rest protocols
if the values are json objects?   For example if you have some high-volume data
feeds, could you write with the more efficient PB but read with more generic
rest clients?  Or does all access to a bucket have to use the same protocol?

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com