Riak Recap for April 6 - 10

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Mon Apr 11 17:45:55 EDT 2011

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All -

Great Recap for today: Lots of Riak jobs, new code, new wiki content,
new committers, webinars, meetups, and more.

Enjoy.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
-----------------------------------

Riak Recap for April 6 - 10
===================

1) A whole mess of Riak jobs appeared over the last few days:

* http://cb.com/etIeg9
* http://bit.ly/g05z35
* http://bit.ly/g1eXLl
* http://bit.ly/dRaDs5
* http://bit.ly/dSrxkt

2) Kyle Kingsbury (@aphyr) released a lightweight Ruby ORM for Riak
called Risky.

* On GitHub here ---> https://github.com/aphyr/risky

Thanks, Kyle!

3) Ripple 0.9.2, a minor bugfix release, is out. Definitely take a
look at these updates if you're using Ripple.

* Details here --->  http://seancribbs.github.com/ripple/file.RELEASE_NOTES.html

4) Speaking of Ripple, Sean Cribbs added two new contributors to the project.

* Details here ---> http://twitter.com/seancribbs/status/56418556115566593

Congrats to Kyle and Myron!

5) We announced a new webinar a few days ago. This one will take a
look at the Operational side of Riak and should be of particular
interest to anyone who foresees managing a Riak cluster in the near
future.

* Full details and registration here on the Basho blog --->
http://blog.basho.com/2011/04/07/free-webinar-riak-operations/

6) The April Riak Meetup in San Francisco is on the calendar. This one
is happening on 4/27 and will feature Dan Reverri giving an extensive
preso on Riak Search.

* Info and RSVP details here --->
http://www.meetup.com/San-Francisco-Riak-Meetup/events/17212362/

(And, yes, we will be filming this talk.)

7) Another meetup reminder: Alexander Sicular and Francisco Treacy are
hosting a Riak Drinkup in NYC on 4/14.

* Read more here --->
http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2011-April/003788.html

8) 0.4.0rc1 of riak-js was tagged a few days back.

* Code here ---> https://github.com/frank06/riak-js

9) We added some Linux-specific info to the "Open Files Limit" page on
the wiki.

* Read up on it here ---> http://wiki.basho.com/Open-Files-Limit.html