Load question

Justin Sheehy justin at basho.com
Tue Apr 12 16:07:57 EDT 2011

Hi, Runar.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 3:22 AM, Runar Jordahl <runar.jordahl at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would be helpful if a wiki page (under Best Practices) was created
> to discuss various load balance configurations. I am also wondering if
> a Riak client could use strategy (2), like Dynamo clients can.

There is not currently any client that uses strategy #2 of partition-awareness.

To make it practical, we would need to extend the client-facing
protocol so that an incoming client could ask to be redirected to an
"ideal" incoming node.  This is quite doable, though would have the
downside of making such clients more complex and thus possibly more
fragile.

-Justin