Poor write performance with Perl

Robin Edwards rob at slando.com
Thu Apr 14 11:44:30 EDT 2011

Hello Brian,

I am one of the maintainers of Net::Riak, the next version will
support the ProtocolBuffers interface,the write performance of this is
naturally a lot faster.

Theres a trial release ready for download, I am planning to release
this to CPAN next week sometime.

https://github.com/downloads/robinedwards/net-riak/Net-Riak-0.15-TRIAL.tar.gz

Net::Riak is currently using LWP::UserAgent which is known to be quite
slow. ( see here
http://ivan-bg.org/2008/08/lwp-vs-httplite-vs-wwwcurl.html )

I have thought about re-engineering it to make use of one of the more
faster HTTP clients. If you have any patches or suggestions in regard
to this I would be interested in hearing them.

https://github.com/robinedwards