This sure looks like a bug...?

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Tue Apr 19 08:29:51 EDT 2011

> As for what semantics Riak supports, I understand what it supports.
> It just seems to me like it wouldn't take a lot to make it support a
> lot more.

That's where I disagree with you. We have tried to make Riak's current model as rock-solid as possible, and we're still improving it, but it has been difficult to get where we are. Adding a version history (with values, not just vclocks) would be fraught with all kinds of difficulties that we have yet to uncover.  That's not to say it's not a good idea, but it feels like a very different datastore to me than what Riak is.

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.
http://basho.com/