Riak <-> RabbitMQ integration

Kresten Krab Thorup krab at trifork.com
Wed Apr 20 16:20:28 EDT 2011

A very interesting hook would be to be able to send a message to a queue whenever siblings are created.  With such a hook, you could have business logic somewhere trying to resolve the conflict. Unfortunately, that's not easy because siblings can be created at other places than PUT; namely when doing merge as part of handoff or as part of replication.  Perhaps also other places that I have not heard of.

Along those lines, it would also be really nice if there was a hook to transform values before the get_fsm/riak_client returns it's value.  Such a hook could do (a) uniform reconciliation/merge of siblings for certain simple types of data, and (b) perhaps be the place to possibly transform data into a document type acceptable by the client.

Kresten