When's the PBC API going to be brought up to snuff?

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Wed Apr 20 17:28:53 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 02:12:30PM -0700, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> Many thanks, Jon. Please bear in mind that the examples I extended were just
> the first two I could think of - as you know, the REST API is considerably
> more subtle and feature-rich than PBC. That said, the combination of
> conditional PUT and GET and bucket properties would probably hit 70% of the
> common cases I find myself wanting.

So I'm the lucky fellow assigned to try to implement some of the
requests in this thread. I have some changes in the
az259-enhance-pbc-api branches on riak_kv and on the riak-erlang client:

https://github.com/basho/riak-erlang-client/commits/az259-enhance-pbc-api
https://github.com/basho/riak_kv/commits/az259-enhance-pbc-api

Changes include conditional get [{if_modified, VClock}], conditional put
[if_none_match], [if_not_modified] and a way to get the metadata of an
object without its value; [head].

Let me know if this addresses some of the pain points and if there's
anything else missing. Bucket properties are one we already know about.

Andrew