Riak Riak Recap for April 20 - 21
mark at basho.com
Fri Apr 22 20:04:54 EDT 2011
Evening, Morning, Afternoon to All -
For today's Recap: Blog posts, new code, upcoming talks, Q & A from
#riak, and more.
Enjoy and have a great weekend.
Riak Recap for April 20 - 21
1) Jon Brisbin wrote a piece for the Springsource blog (that
originally appeared on his personal blog) called "Eventing Data With
Riak and RabbitMQ." As you can probably guess, this one talks a lot
about the work he's been doing getting Riak and RabbitMQ to play nice
together and its potential uses.
* Read here --->
2) Version 0.15 of the Perl client developed and used by Franck Cuny,
Robin Edwards, and Linkfluence team was just released.
* Details here ---> http://search.cpan.org/~rge/Net-Riak-0.15/
3) Some more evidence that Erlang Factory London is going to be
downright amazing: Kresten Krab Thorup will be giving a talk called
"Bringing Riak to the Mobile Platform." Riak Mobile is a component
that can be embedded into your iOS or Android application to make it a
full Riak replication-aware peer...
* Details here --->
4) JB Barth wrote up a great intro blog post to using Riak and Rekon.
* Read here ---> http://jbbarth.com/archives/2011/4/21/a_first_sight_at_riak/
5) Mikhail Sobolev fixed up a few links related to the Python Client.
* Commit details here ---> https://github.com/basho/riak-python-client/pull/23
6) For anyone headed to Velocity in June, Justin Sheehy's talk
overview was just posted.
* All the details here --->
7) A few job opportunities:
* Senior Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA ---> http://bit.ly/eZaiXu
* Data Engineer at Ubermedia --->
8) Scott Gonyea did some reworking of some ObjC/ObjC++ Riak Protobuf
code he published a while ago.
* Start here ---> http://twitter.com/#!/acts_as/status/60934187900870656
9) Q --- Can a Riak M/R job modify a stored object? (from alextj via #riak)
A --- This is not currently possible.
10) Q --- Are there any plans for the PBC interface to allow a put
with no key specified? (from rob_ via #riak)
A --- This has just been added (thanks, Andrew!) and will be
available in the next release. See:
More information about the riak-users