commit hooks and parameters

Jon Brisbin jon at jbrisbin.com
Tue Apr 26 09:58:57 EDT 2011

Do commit hooks (pre/post/whatever) have any access to parameters of any kind (other than document metadata headers)? Can I get the webmachine parameters for a given request, for instance?

I'm wanting to find a way to alter behaviour of the hook for each request. The only way I can see to do that now is to pass metadata headers, which get stored with the document (in the case of a postcommit hook) which is not always what I want.

I'd really like the ability to temporarily suspend triggering of the hook for a "batch" of operations. The only way I can see to do that now is to actually remove the hook from the bucket completely and re-set it afterwards.

Is there a better way to go about this?

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin

http://jbrisbin.com