Building Riak Search on OS X

Jeremiah Peschka jeremiah.peschka at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 00:02:30 EDT 2011

Has anyone managed to build Riak Search 0.14.2 on OS X? When I try with the version from homebrew (or pulling the riak_search-0.14.2 tag from github) I get the following error:

Compiling src/riakclient.proto
WARNING: option deprecated
Config option 'fail_on_warning' has been deprecated
in favor of 'warnings_as_errors'.
'fail_on_warning' will be removed once OTP R14B03 is released.

Compiled src/riakc_obj.erl
Compiled src/riakc_pb.erl
src/riakc_pb_socket.erl:62: type ip_address() undefined
make: *** [compile] Error 1

When I attempt to follow the wiki directions for getting started with the pre-built packages, I download a tiny file that's not in a valid .tar.gz format and that's all she wrote.

Thoughts? Experiences?
---
Jeremiah Peschka - Founder, Brent Ozar PLF, LLC
Microsoft SQL Server MVP