In-Memory Performance

Eric Moritz eric at themoritzfamily.com
Tue Aug 2 21:19:59 EDT 2011

    You may also want to try the leveldb backend that is in Riak's
master branch. It is faster than Innodb but doesn't store all the keys
in memory like bitcask does.

    I am not sure how stable or mature that backend is so if you need
a solution yesterday using leveldb may be off the table.  The Basho
folks can address the timetable and stability of the leveldb backend
better than I can.

If it ends up being close to as fast as the memory backend and you get
persistence it may be your best bet to get what you need from Riak.
The downside is it is a bleeding edge feature.

Eric.