Ann: Release Python client 1.3.0

Mathias Meyer mathias at basho.com
Thu Aug 4 10:46:53 EDT 2011

 Happy Eunit day everyone!

Hot on the heels of this week's webinar [1] on Riak and Python, I'm happy to announce a fresh release of the Python client for Riak, now at version 1.3.0 [2], which includes several new features as outlined in the webinar. Most noteworthy features are support for the Solr interface Riak Search provides, support for Luwak, an in-memory test server, and support for caching protocol buffers and reusing/pooling HTTP connections. To give each new feature the attention it deserves I summed up the most noteworthy changes in a blog post. For a list of changes, please consult the release notes [4].

[1] http://blog.basho.com/2011/08/03/Follow-Up-To-Riak-And-Python-Webinar/
[2] https://github.com/basho/riak-python-client
[3] http://blog.basho.com/2011/08/04/Whats-New-In-Riaks-Python-Client/
[4] https://github.com/basho/riak-python-client/blob/riak-python-client-1.3.0/RELEASE_NOTES.md