Riak Recap for August 5 - 7

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Tue Aug 9 01:58:07 EDT 2011

Evening, Morning, Afternoon to All -

Short recap to pass along from the last few days: new code, a video,
blog posts, and more.

Enjoy.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
-----------------------------------

Riak Recap for August 5 - 7
====================

1)  Joe Lambert (@cyborgpirates) wrote a short piece for his blog
about using streaming list keys.

* Read here --->
http://www.megarockv.com/2011/08/07/riak-erlang-stream_list_keys-example/

Thanks, Joe!

2) Brett Hoerer has a new project up on GitHub called "timak," a
Python library for storing activity streams in Riak. It's "very alpha
and rough around the edges" but you're probably going to want to keep
an eye on it.

* Code here ---> https://github.com/bretthoerner/timak

Thanks, Brett!

3) We posted the video from the "Riak at Formspring" talk that was
delivered a few weeks back at the San Francisco Riak Meetup. This one
is well worth the 28 minutes.

* Read and watch here --->
http://blog.basho.com/2011/08/08/Riak-at-Formspring-Video-from-SF-Riak-Meetup/

4) Perhaps a bit off-topic for the Recap but I figured I would pass
this along: Basho is hiring a UX Designer.

* If this is you or someone you know, get in touch with us --->
http://www.basho.com/company_careers.php#designer

5) Q --- Are riak keys/buckets case sensitive, or in other words, is
the key "MyKey" and "mykey" the same? (from oal via #riak)

    A --- Yes. They are case-sensitive; just treated as binaries (byte buffers).

6) One job to pass along:

   * Comcast is hiring a Sr. Systems Admin with Riak experience --->
http://bit.ly/qcbKba