NoSQL combinations - what works best?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 14:17:28 EDT 2011

On 8/9/2011 12:59 PM, Jonathan Langevin wrote:
> That's my understanding as well. The memcache client determines what
> server to store it's data on via the hashing process, so then if that
> server dies, you lose that subset of data.

It's a cache, not a data store, so you don't lose data, you just have to
refresh the cache like any other miss, and with the dead server removed
from the list the clients will all adjust to using a different target
(or just not caching that fraction, depending on your hash scheme).

But somehow membase is supposed to use the same client with persistent
data on the server.  I'm not sure how that works but I like the idea of
clients that know how to load balance and fail over.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com