Anyone running Riak on FreeBSD?

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Wed Aug 10 20:57:37 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 04:26:08PM -0700, Mark Phillips wrote:
> > Emails need a wiki feature ;-)
> >
> > If no-one else steps forward, I'll attempt a FreeBSD build this weekend.
> > FreeBSD used to be my primary server OS (until Ubuntu Server won me over),
> > so I've got some familiarity there.

If you use the adt-bsd-support branch for erlang_js, skerl and eleveldb,
riak will build with no issues.

To run it however, you need to edit the shebang paths for the scripts
in rel/files to not point to /bin/bash before generating a release (or
install bash). The scripts don't have any bashisms in them though, they
work just fine under /bin/sh.

Andrew