CorrugatedIron v0.1.2

Jeremiah Peschka jeremiah.peschka at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 12:37:34 EDT 2011

Good news everyone!

CorrugatedIron, the .NET Riak client library, has received a bit more love:  http://www.brentozar.com/archive/2011/08/corrugatediron-v-now-options/

Thanks to Vincent Theeten (@VincentTheeten), OJ and I removed our first round assumption that everyone loves JSON.

What did we do? Well, we added automatic serialization/deserialization through our GetObject<T>() and SetObject<T>() methods. Right now this only works for XML, Protocol Buffers, and JSON encoded documents (we added new MIME types for XML and Protocol Buffers, too). This is a convenience for many people, so we hope that it will get more people interested in using Riak in a .NET environment.

Future plans around this feature involve letting users specify custom serializers and deserializers. Fancy, eh?

If you're interested, head over to the download page and pull down the source in your favorite format: http://corrugatediron.org/downloads.html

Happy Riaking!

P.S. there are binaries, too.

---
Jeremiah Peschka - Founder, Brent Ozar PLF, LLC
 Microsoft SQL Server MVP