Throughput of read operations

Jeremiah Peschka jeremiah.peschka at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 10:50:00 EDT 2011

One question that pops into my mind is are these numbers averages over 3 or 5 runs or is this a single run?

In my experience with EC2, I've run into I/O inconsistencies when I'm using anything less than 1TB drives and a large instance. There's a lot of potential for a noisy neighbor to steal I/O or CPU, or memory on the host OS which will put pressure on all other guests.
---
Jeremiah Peschka - Founder, Brent Ozar PLF, LLC
Microsoft SQL Server MVP