Riak Recap for August 10 - 11

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Fri Aug 12 13:08:28 EDT 2011

Morning, Evening, Afternoon to All -

For today's Recap: a new video, new wiki content, and more.

Enjoy and have a great weekend.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
------------------------

Riak Recap for August 10 - 11
======================

1) We added a page to the wiki that covers adding and removing nodes
from a cluster.

* Read here --> http://wiki.basho.com/Adding-and-Removing-Nodes.html

2) SkillsMatter in London is holding an event called the NoSQL
Exchange in November and the CFP is open.

* Details here --->
http://www.nosqldatabases.com/main/2011/8/10/skillsmatter-cfp-for-1st-annual-nosql-exchange-this-november.html

3) Matt Ranney, CTO of Voxer, gave a talk at the Node.js meetup at
Joyent last week. The talk is now online and viewable It's primarily
about Node but touches a bit on how they are using Riak.

* Watch here --->
http://www.joyentcloud.com/resources/videos/node-js-office-hours-matt-ranney-voxer/

4) This might be of interest to some of you building apps for
startups: we released some more details on our RiakDS for Startups
program.

* Details here --->
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/basho-technologies-announces-riak-enterprise-data-store-for-startups-program-2011-08-10

5) One new job to pass along:

* Formspring is hiring a Systems Engineer to work on all sorts of cool
stuff. Details here --->
http://hire.jobvite.com/CompanyJobs/Careers.aspx?k=Job&c=qr89Vfwn&j=ozgSVfwm