Riak Recap for August 15 - 16

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Wed Aug 17 17:58:41 EDT 2011

Afternoon, Evening, Morning to All -

Great Recap for today: new Python and Ruby Code, talks, blog posts, a
great job opportunity, and more.

Enjoy.

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups
----------------------------------

Riak Recap for August 15 - 16
======================

1) Andy Gross is giving a talk on Riak at the NoCal Oracle Users Group
tomorrow in San Ramon. (Yes, I said "Oracle".)

* Details here ---> http://www.nocoug.org/next.html#T3S2

2) Parnell Springmeyer has a new repo up on BitBucket called "riakc",
a command-line interface for Riak built using Python. Thanks, Parnell!

* Repo ---> https://bitbucket.org/ixmatus/riakc
* On PyPI ---> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/riakc/0.1

3) We put some Riak Office Hours on the calendar for tomorrow in New
York City. Sean Cribbs will be in town and hacking from the General
Assembly offices from 2-5.

* Details here ---> http://t.co/MQwOQ1C

4) One great Riak job to pass along to anyone in the UK - The Mobile
Interactive Group is hiring an Application Developer skilled in Riak,
Erlang, and Ruby. Interested parties can email david at migcan.com
directly.

* Full description here ---> http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=1872096

5) We added a Creative Commons License to the Riak Wiki.

* Check the footer here ---> http://wiki.basho.com/

6) Brian Lee Yung Rowe is quickly turning into one of the most
prolific bloggers in the Riak Community. His latest post is called
'Teaser: Running R as a map/reduce job from Riak.' Go read it. Then
subscribe to his blog. Thanks, Brian!

* Post here --->
http://cartesianfaith.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/teaser-running-r-as-a-mapreduce-job-from-riak/

7) Eric Redmond tweeted a Riak-inspired comic (and I'm assuming he's
the creator).

* Print this out and put it on your wall --->
http://twitter.com/#!/inviite/statuses/103917415305461760

8) Mathias Meyer (@roidrage) released a new library called
"riaktivity." The code is still quite young but it's goal is to make
it easier to store timelines in Riak with Ruby. Thanks, Mathias!

* Code here ---> https://github.com/mattmatt/riaktivity