Riak Problem w/ Python Client "No JSON object could be decoded"

Jonathan Langevin jlangevin at loomlearning.com
Mon Aug 22 10:09:39 EDT 2011

Have you browsed the actual content available in the bucket that you're
querying, to verify it exists as you expect?
i.e.:
http://your.riak.server.ip:8098/riak/BUCKETNAME?keys=true
http://your.riak.server.ip:8098/riak/BUCKETNAME/KEYNAME

Browsing the data often reveals issues to me I didn't expect, such as when I
first started testing with Riak, I was passing the wrong data type for json
objects, so browsing to my object on Riak forced the browser to download the
file instead of rendering json to the page, which let me know it wasn't
seeing the object as proper json...
*

<http://www.loomlearning.com/>
Jonathan Langevin