Setting up a Riak + Mongrel2 Stack

trevor stanhope tpstanhope at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:43:30 EDT 2011

Beyond using Mongrel2 as a proxy, which webserver might be best suited
to work with Riak.

Also, let me give you a basic idea of the system I'm planning to test.
More or less I'm trying to set-up the proxy in front of the riak kvs and
will be making calls to the datastore from a mobile phone application,
that will be doing some basic JSON MPqueries on the system (I'm debating
the merit of link walking for new db information, though I hear that
riak get is faster for objects that are known to exists). These will be
either parsed and returned to the mobile app, or returned to the
webserver to view in an online application.

Otherwise, the webserver needs to make simple authenticated writes to
the kvs, mostly to add links to existing objects, which will ideally be
populated into the db via scripts built into the webserver front-end
(but for testing purposes I was planning to use bash scripts, or some
faster equivalent).