Bitcask merge

raghwani sohil sohil4you at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 09:43:34 EDT 2011

I have deleted all the keys from all buckets manually and *before deleting *
the* *keys the size of *bitcask

*directory was *6.4 GB *and after deleting it is showing me the same i.e *6.4
GB*.

So to run bitcask merging process i have added this line

 {riak_kv_bitcask_backend, [
                            {small_file_threshold, 335544320}
                                     ]}

in my app.config  . I have added this line because size of all data file in
bitcask directory are ( < 320 MB ) .

but bitcask merging process is not running . Is there  any solution to run
bitcask merge process so that i can reduce size of my bitcask directory ??