Slow Riak issue

Jeremiah Peschka jeremiah.peschka at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 10:34:18 EDT 2011

Hi Neil,

Which one of the .NET clients are you using? If it's CorrugatedIron, let me know and I can work with you off list to get things connected (OJ Reeves and I maintain it). I don't think the other two libraries are getting much maintenance and attention at the moment.

If you can't connect, have you looked into the app.config to change the IPs that Riak will bind to? By default it's set to only bind to 127.0.0.1. You can change that for development purposes to 0.0.0.0 (I'd use the real IP address for production). Since you have two nodes on the same host, make sure that they're not both using the same port.

Otherwise:

You'll see slower performance with HTTP requests than you will with Protocol Buffers requests.

Let me know how I can help more.
---
Jeremiah Peschka - Founder, Brent Ozar PLF, LLC
Microsoft SQL Server MVP