Preserving line breaks in stored content

Simon Buckle simon.buckle at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 17:06:48 EDT 2011

I am new to Riak. I have been having a problem with storing some plain text documents in Riak.
My test files consist of several lines of plain text. I store the content in Riak using the HTTP interface, e.g.

curl -v  -H "Content-Type: text/plain" \
     http://127.0.0.1:8091/riak/test?returnbody=true --data @/tmp/data.txt

The content I get back from Riak appears to have had all the line breaks removed; I've also saved the output to a file from a GET request using the key that was generated from the above curl command. Any idea why the newline characters are removed? Is this behaviour correct or am I doing something wrong? I was expecting to get back exactly what I put in.

Thanks
Simon