innostore performance tuning

David Koblas david at koblas.com
Tue Aug 30 19:31:34 EDT 2011

Scott

Didn't try that - though it looks like the {format, direct} is the
biggest win in terms of performance.

I've also switched over to using LevelDB for the insert test, which I've
got running at about 3200tps, which is a huge improvement!  Though at
one point I think I saw comparable performance with innodb after I tuned
the storage format, but stopped that test before I had definitive
information.

The one issue that I see with LevelDB in a big insert job like this is
file descriptors, I've currently got about 9,000 files open on the
machine, I'm guessing that I'll run out of file descriptors before the
load is done.   Is there a configuration parameter to change the size of
the SST files before they're rolled?

--david