How to bind Riak to an interface rather than to IP address?

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Sat Dec 3 10:01:03 EST 2011

Also make sure that your node names (-name in vm.args) do not include the
IP address, but use a hostname that is (hopefully) managed by the server
handing out IP addresses. If the node name includes the IP address, your
Riak node won't be reachable when the machine restarts (and it might not
even start up).

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 8:51 AM, Grant Schofield <grant at basho.com> wrote:

> The only way to do that is to bind to every current IP on the system by
> using 0.0.0.0 as the setting.
>
> Grant
>

> On Dec 3, 2011, at 7:43 AM, jeffrey eliasen wrote:
>
> My Riak cluster is on a network that uses dynamic IPs, so each node gets a
> different IP address at reboot. How do I indicate in app.config that I want
> to bind to an interface (such as 'eth0') regardless of it's IP address
> rather than to a specific IP address?
>
> --
>
> jeffrey k eliasen
>
> Find and follow me on: