Interesting problem with riaksearch indexes

Markus Silpala msilpala at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 10:19:55 EST 2011

Greetings, all.

I was combing Bugzilla and release notes this weekend to find out whether the search-indices-not-so-fault-tolerant has been fixed yet. Nothing I found seemed to match exactly. Is the issue still present?

If so I think I'll go open a bug for it—I just didn't want to create a duplicate if it's already been done.

Thanks much,

-Markus S

On Aug 22, 2011, at 10:18 PM, Ryan Zezeski wrote:

> The reason for the nondeterministic behavior is two-fold.
>
> 1. For performance reasons Search only ever reads from 1 node (R=1)
>
> 2. As an attempt to balance load and reduce vnode contention this node is selected randomly

<snip/>