Riak & FreeBSD

Andrew Thompson andrew at hijacked.us
Mon Dec 12 14:44:04 EST 2011

On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 07:00:57PM +0000, Tim Ariyeh wrote:
> Has there been any development in this area?  I saw this:
>
> http://lists.basho.com/pipermail/riak-users_lists.basho.com/2011-August/005228.html
>
> But I wondered if any clear "official" or "least horrible" path existed now.
>
> I mean, it only seems logical that Riak run on the flavor of Unix preferred by literally 100% of people without debate or contention.

I'm still valiantly trying to get all my BSD patches merged, which add
support for Free/Net/Open/DragonFlyBSD to riak. Several have already
been merged and will appear in 1.1, but there's outstanding branches
against eleveldb and the riak repo itself that still aren't merged:

https://github.com/basho/eleveldb/pull/4
https://github.com/basho/riak/pull/90

The eleveldb change is blocked pending google accepting the upstream
change at http://code.google.com/p/leveldb/issues/detail?id=59 so feel
free to make some noise in that bugreport. However, I think it's
unlikely that riak 1.1 will build out of the box on FreeBSD.

Andrew