Memory usage

Jeremiah Peschka jeremiah.peschka at
Tue Feb 15 19:44:58 EST 2011

You'll be constrained in the number of keys that you can store (using the bitcask backend). There's a good spreadsheet for capacity planning:

I don't know how well Riak would behave otherwise in an environment that tight. I'd think you'd be limited to single key lookups, but I have been wrong before.

Jeremiah Peschka
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
MCITP: Database Developer, DBA