Riak Cluster Setup on EC2

Abhishek Kona abhishek.kona at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 11:04:39 EST 2011

On 02/02/11 8:38 PM, Sean Cribbs wrote:
> Abhishek,
>
> First, make sure all of your nodes are in the same security group.
Yes, both the machines are on the same security group ( which has only
the ports 8098, 8099, 8087).
>    Second, check that your OS doesn't have an additional firewall
> installed (iptables, for example).
I can telnet into the Riak ports from each of the machines, so firewall
does not seem to be the issue.
>   Third, you might consider doing what the Chef recipe for Riak does
> and limit the ports that Erlang uses for distributed communication.
> Adding a section to app.config like the below will limit the port range:
>
> {kernel, [
>    {inet_dist_listen_min, 6000},
>    {inet_dist_listen_max, 7999}
> ]}
>
> You'll need to stop Riak, kill the "epmd" process, and then start Riak
> up again for this change to take effect.  Make sure those ports are
> also open in your security group and any software firewall you have.

Tried with these changes as well, but still get the same message.
Anything else, I can try?.
Thanks for the help.