Riak Cluster Setup on EC2

Jon Meredith jmeredith at basho.com
Wed Feb 2 12:03:42 EST 2011

Hi Abhishek,

It looks like distributed erlang isn't working between the nodes so the join
fails.

You can test it by bringing the nodes up in console mode and executing

$ riak console
[some logging status messages]
Eshell V5.7.5  (abort with ^G)
(dev2 at 127.0.0.1)1> net_adm:ping('dev1 at 127.0.0.1').
pong
(dev2 at 127.0.0.1)3> q().
ok

Make sure you switch the node names for your own and run the test in both
directions. If the node is unreachable it will return pang instead of ping.

--Jon
Senior Software Engineer
Basho Technologies