Is it possible to query a range of data in a bucket?

Jeremiah Peschka jeremiah.peschka at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 11:59:48 EST 2011

I know that the fine folks at Basho are looking into implementing secondary
indexes, however secondary indexes are difficult to implement in Riak. Riak
isn't aware of how you're storing your data, so it could be JSON, XML, plain
text, or some kind of binary data. I wrote about a naive implementation of
inverted indexes in Riak (
http://facility9.com/2010/12/16/secondary-indexes-how-would-you-do-it).
There's a lot to consider; it's not surprising that they are taking the time
to do it right.

Jeremiah Peschka
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
MCITP: Database Developer, DBA