innostore questions

Jackson L jl8866 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 7 09:00:58 EST 2011

I am new to riak and have a few questions I am hoping someone can help me with.
Thx in advance for any help.

1) From the basho download page, http://downloads.basho.com/innostore/,
innostore is currently at release 1.0.2.  Since innostore is an embedded version
of innodb, is there any correlation between the innostore release and the real
innodb release?  Are the features available with innodb 1.0.2 available in
innostore 1.0.2 or is there no relationship?

2)  Related to the prior question is if there is no relationship, does anyone
know of any detail documentation besides the basho wiki that shows all the
supported features and/or parameters that each version of innostore supports?
For example, does innostore support the innodb parameters:
a.            file_per_table
b.            autoextend_increment
c.             autoinc_lock_mode
d.            data_file_path

3) Is there a lot of write activity in the ring_state_dir?  I am assuming their
isn't since the state of the node shouldn't change that frequently but wanted a
confirmation.

Thx,
Jackson