Difference between riakc_obj and riak_object

Dan Reverri dan at basho.com
Mon Feb 7 17:12:07 EST 2011

Hi Florian,

riak_object is the module used by the native Erlang client and was used
before the protocol buffers interface existed.

riakc_obj is used by the Erlang protocol buffers client and does not depend
on any Riak KV code.

Re-factoring the code to use a single module seems like a good idea; pull
requests are always welcome if you want to give it a shot.

Thanks,
Dan

Daniel Reverri
Developer Advocate