Removing properties in Ripple

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Wed Feb 9 09:05:03 EST 2011

Duff,

A little git history helps. It seems you added that spec back in November, I think around the time we were discussing how to properly deal with the "_type" property in #instantiate. Without remembering too much of the original context, the question seems to be: should it silently ignore attributes that no longer exist on the model or should it warn the programmer in some way that a property doesn't exist? The current code seems to favor the latter, in the form of a NoMethodError.

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Developer Advocate
Basho Technologies, Inc.
http://basho.com/