error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib64/riak/erts-5.7.5/bin/beam; 4d53dbb2: cpio: Digest mismatch

David Smith dizzyd at basho.com
Thu Feb 10 09:24:53 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 5:38 AM, Mike Stoddart <stodge at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install Riak on Fedora 12 using the RPM from Basho's
> download site. I'm getting a digest mismatch error - does this mean my
> Fedora is subtly different from the one used to build the original
> RPM?

Hi Mike...

No, this is a red herring (on Redhat, haha). The mismatch is a result
of the Erlang build we currently have on the Fedora buildslave not
complying with some packaging requirements in Fedora. We are actively
working on addressing this, but in the interim I've uploaded a manual
build on Fedora 13:

http://downloads.basho.com/riak/CURRENT/riak-0.14.0-1.fc13.x86_64.rpm

I'm not sure if that works with Fedora 12 -- if it doesn't let me know
and I'll spin up a Fedora 12 system and try again. :)

Thanks!

D.

--
Dave Smith