Setting bucket properties from Erlang PBC API

Ryan Maclear ryan at lambdasphere.com
Thu Feb 10 15:41:57 EST 2011

Hi All,

I want to set the postcommit hook on a bucket. I can set the bucket properties using riak_client, but this means that I need to be connected to the cluster to do this.

I want to be able to dynamically set post-commit hooks on buckets at run-time from my client using the Erlang PBC API. Working through the Erlang PBC code, the set_bucket function in riakc_pb_socket calls riakc_pb:pbify_rpbbucketprops/2. This function ignores all properties except n_val and allow_mult, so it appears that I cannot set the postcommit hook using this set_bucket function.

Is there any other way to do this that I've missed, or do I need to be connected to the cluster?

Thanks,
Ryan