Riak compile error on Fedora 12 (32 bit)

Mike Stoddart stodge at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 20:05:10 EST 2011

I'm trying to compile Riak on Fedora 12 (32 bit) but I'm getting an error:

make rel
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
./rebar get-deps
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
==> cluster_info (get-deps)
==> skerl (get-deps)
==> protobuffs (get-deps)
==> mochiweb (get-deps)
==> webmachine (get-deps)
==> riak_core (get-deps)
==> riakc (get-deps)
==> luke (get-deps)
==> erlang_js (get-deps)
==> ebloom (get-deps)
==> bitcask (get-deps)
==> eper (get-deps)
==> riak_kv (get-deps)
==> luwak (get-deps)
==> riak_err (get-deps)
==> rel (get-deps)
==> riak-0.14.0 (get-deps)
./rebar compile generate
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
==> cluster_info (compile)
==> skerl (compile)
==> protobuffs (compile)
==> mochiweb (compile)
==> webmachine (compile)
==> riak_core (compile)
==> riakc (compile)
==> luke (compile)
==> erlang_js (compile)
Running make -C c_src
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/mike/Downloads/riak-0.14.0/deps/erlang_js/c_src'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `js'.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/home/mike/Downloads/riak-0.14.0/deps/erlang_js/c_src'
==> ebloom (compile)
==> bitcask (compile)
==> eper (compile)
==> riak_kv (compile)
==> luwak (compile)
==> riak_err (compile)
==> rel (compile)
==> riak-0.14.0 (compile)
==> rel (generate)
ERROR: Unable to generate spec: Undefined applications: [inets]

I'm stumped - any suggestions?

Thanks
Mike