STOMP support

Jonathan Brisbin jbrisbin at vmware.com
Sat Feb 12 14:43:06 EST 2011

I was thinking about these new asynchronous applications and Riak yesterday and it occurred to me that it wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement a STOMP adapter for Riak, right?

People use Redis as a message server because of the basic notifications it has. What if there could be a seamless integration between messaging applications and ones that use the REST API.

Consider the use case of a client listening for new documents using a STOMP client and a web app inserting those documents via REST or running M/R over them, etc...

It just seems like there might something worth pursuing here. Has this been cussed/discussed already?

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin
SpringSource (a division of VMware)

Twitter: @j_brisbin