Riak Recap for Feb. 11 - 13

Mark Phillips mark at basho.com
Mon Feb 14 19:16:59 EST 2011

Evening, Morning, Afternoon to Everyone,

Hope you had a good weekend. Here's a short recap from the last few days.

Enjoy,

Mark

Community Manager
Basho Technologies
wiki.basho.com
twitter.com/pharkmillups

----

Riak Recap for Feb. 11 - 13

1) Basho just announced a new, free Webinar. This will be all about
Riak, Luwak and MapReduce and will be led by Basho Hacker Bryan Fink.
The date and time are Thursday, Feb 17th at 2PM EST (and yes, we will
be recording it for those of you who might have time zone or other
conflicts.)

Details and registration here --->
http://blog.basho.com/2011/02/14/mapreducing-big-data-with-luwak-webinar/

2) Q --- How do I run cluster_info ? (from crucially via #riak)

A --- http://wiki.basho.com/Command-Line-Tools.html#cluster_info

3) seancribbs, Ferdirand and mulander had a conversation in #riak
about using Riak as part of a "distributed Nagios application."

Gist here ---> https://gist.github.com/826836

4) Potential Riak job "for freelance work involving data replication
and document-oriented databases."

* Sparse details here --->
http://twitter.com/tbsalling/statuses/37178092841603072

5) Riak got a non-trivial mention somewhere in this podcast (sadly I
haven't had the chance to listen to it yet) --->
http://distributedpodcast.com/2011/episode-iv-a-new-hope-and-nosql