redundant writers

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 15:38:51 EST 2011

In this scenario, the behavior I would want would be to only see one
copy for each unique key, but to always have one even if one of the
feeds or writers fails or the cluster is partitioned, then re-joined.
This sounds good in theory, but what about the details? Is there likely
to be a big performance hit from the normally-colliding writes?  Will it
take twice the disk space, the eventually clean up the duplicates? Would
it be reasonable to do this to riak-search with something like news stories?