Enhanced Querying for Ripple

Sean Cribbs sean at basho.com
Tue Feb 15 23:35:24 EST 2011

Lately I've noticed the increased demand for a higher-level, abstract querying API in the Ripple document-mapper library -- something analogous to ActiveRecord + arel. At the current time, I'm preparing a strawman proposal for the feature that we can debate.

I'd like to discuss this feature in-depth on Friday with interested members of the community and then set about implementing it.  If you would like to participate in the conversation, please enter your email in the form I've linked to below.

HOWEVER, I only ask that if you want to be involved in the conversation, **you should be willing to contribute some time to making this API happen** preferably by implementing and testing needed features. As much as I like being a code-hero, this is too big to do by myself.

I will email the strawman proposal to participants by Thursday so you have time to review it. (We will likely meet on GoToMeeting, which requires Windows or Mac, sorry Linux users.)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/basho.com/viewform?formkey=dDFKU0lNMkY0aVZyMFZ1Y244UXA1RHc6MQ

Cheers!

Sean Cribbs <sean at basho.com>
Developer Advocate