Difference between riakc_obj and riak_object

Florian Odronitz odo at mac.com
Wed Feb 16 08:40:48 EST 2011

Hi Dan,

I forked and re-factored the erlang client so the record definitions of riak_object (server) and riakc_obj (client) match, removing the client side discrepancy between the results from get and the results from mapred. The changes should be backwards compatible but a critical look is very welcomed.

You can find at at: https://github.com/odo/riak-erlang-client

I tried to extend riakc_obj with riak_object but that would have made the client vulnerable to changes in the core application, so I decided to copy the functions.
When running 'make; make test' 58 tests are passing but two are still failing. I can't put my finger on what is going wrong here and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Florian