Riak instead of memcached?

Mike Stoddart stodge at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 19:33:07 EST 2011

I was thinking of using memcached for cheap, fast storage to share
between servers. I need to store stuff like user preferences,
permissions, session etc. But memcached (I think) requires you to
define which servers you want to use for storage. Ideally I don't
care. I want my core/auth server to write preferences and permissions
to the cache and let tornado on other servers pull those keys out. I
think Riak could perform this in theory, but is Riak fast enough?