Erlang compilation error

Luke Bredeson luke.bredeson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 23:46:50 EST 2011

Hello,

I was hoping to give riak a try but ran into an odd Erlang issue.  I was
following the "Fast Track", but got hung up when compiling riak.

I cloned riak from github, did "cd riak", then "make all".  A few modules
appeared to compile correctly, but then I received the following error:

ERROR: compile failed while processing /home/luke/riak/deps/skerl:
{'EXIT',{function_clause,[{lists,thing_to_list,[{error,bad_name}]},
                          {lists,flatmap,2},
                          {lists,flatmap,2},
                          {rebar_port_compiler,default_env,0},
                          {rebar_port_compiler,compile,2},
                          {rebar_core,run_modules,4},
                          {rebar_core,execute,4},
                          {rebar_core,process_dir,4}]}}
make: *** [compile] Error 1

I'm running Erlang R14B.  I know I'm supposed to have R13B04 or later, but
maybe R14B is too new?  Also, I'm on Fedora 14, if that's relevant.  Any
ideas would be appreciated, as I'm really hoping to getting into trying out
riak.

Thanks,
Luke